Forklift Operator Training
Length of Course : 4-6 hours
Forklifts have 7 Classifications, the practical must be completed the specific class of Forklift that you are operating.
Class 4&5 can be done at our facility if any other classifications are required we can provide this training at your site and the Forklift must be provided.
This course includes:
- Familiarization with the requirements of WH & S Regulation.
- Completing both formal instruction and hands on training under the direction of a competent, experienced trainer.
- Operator will exhibit an awareness of the purpose, function and basic concepts of forklift operation.
- Types and purposes of different decals associated with forklift
- Operator will demonstrate knowledge and use of control functions
- Operator will demonstrate a thorough understanding of forklift steering and manoeuvrability.
- Possess an ability to adequately judge the available visibility to ensure safe operation.
- Be able to quickly and accurately determine machine capacity and stability for various types of loads.
- Perform machine pre-use inspection.
- Identify the condition of the surfaces for safe operation.
- Demonstrate the ability to manipulate, stack and unstack the type of loads to be handled
- Identify hazardous locations on the work site.
- Be capable of safely operating on ramps and other sloped surfaces.
- Be evaluated by the employer for safe operation under working conditions.
Train the Trainer is available for this program.