Forklift Operator Training
Length of Course : 4-6 hours
Forklift Operator Training for Class 4&5 can be done at our facility if any other *classifications are required we can provide this training at your site and the Forklift must be provided.
*Forklifts have 7 Classifications, the practical must be completed the specific class of Forklift that you are operating.
Also available in the Blended Learning format, see page for details. Blended learning is ideal for the worker who has had previous training and experience with operating the equipment. NEW workers to the subject matter will benefit more from the Instructor Led courses. If you require certification on a class other than 4 & 5, please contact office for further information.
This course includes:
- Familiarization with the requirements of WH & S Regulation.
- Completing both formal instruction and hands on training under the direction of a competent, experienced trainer.
- Operator will exhibit an awareness of the purpose, function and basic concepts of forklift operation.
- Types and purposes of different decals associated with forklift
- Operator will demonstrate knowledge and use of control functions
- Operator will demonstrate a thorough understanding of forklift steering and manoeuvrability.
- Possess an ability to adequately judge the available visibility to ensure safe operation.
- Be able to quickly and accurately determine machine capacity and stability for various types of loads.
- Perform machine pre-use inspection.
- Identify the condition of the surfaces for safe operation.
- Demonstrate the ability to manipulate, stack and unstack the type of loads to be handled
- Identify hazardous locations on the work site.
- Be capable of safely operating on ramps and other sloped surfaces.
- Be evaluated by the employer for safe operation under working conditions.
Train the Trainer is available for this program.