Fall Protection Training
Full Day course
Certification is valid for 3 years
Cost for the ESC version $165.00 + tax
Cost for the Touchback OH&S Compliant $ 120.00 + tax. *Update – 2020 will be offering a recertification course for this training- check back in January 2020 for details or contact the office
Course will cover :
- Responsibilities, provincial regulations, employer & jobsite policies and procedures.
- Fall Protection Planning, Hazard assessment, Elimination and Controls.
- Different types of fall protection systems (Travel restraint & Fall Arrest).
- Understand different types of falls i.e: slips, trips, falls from the same level, lower level, ladders, stairs, and falls from heights and into holes.
- Various fall protection equipment- manufacturer requirements, proper inspection & maintenance.
- Fall arrest force & clearance calculations.
- Rescue Requirements
- Demonstrate and choose the proper equipment for various travel restraint and fall arrest scenarios
- Demonstrate how to perform a pre-use visual inspection of selected equipment for various travel restraint and fall arrest scenarios
- Student observes and demonstrates proper harness donning/ doffing performed by the Instructor which includes how to adjust the harness, what constitutes a properly adjusted harness, and the body landmarks used to assess proper adjustment, doffing techniques;