Fall Protection Training
Course Length : 6.5 Hours
Certification is valid for 3 years
2 versions available :
- ESC (Energy Safety Canada) – Fall Protection- which replaces the OSSA version, must have when working on the Oil Sands Sites or if affiliated with a Union. Cost is $170.00
- OHS Compliant – Fall Protection this course was our OSSA accredited course which was phased out by ESC- it meets all OHS requirements and CSA standards Cost is $145.00
We are now offering an add on session for BC Regulations, for an additional $20.00. Just make sure to let us know when registering for your course. If registering online please add a note in the comment section.
Touchback’s courses were developed to meet OH&S and Manufacturer requirements as well as ANSI and CSA standards, our Fall Protection OH&S Compliant program is the same program that was previously OSSA Accredited.
Course will cover :
- Responsibilities, provincial regulations, employer & jobsite policies and procedures.
- Fall Protection Planning, Hazard assessment, Elimination and Controls.
- Different types of fall protection systems (Travel restraint & Fall Arrest).
- Understand different types of falls i.e: slips, trips, falls from the same level, lower level, ladders, stairs, and falls from heights and into holes.
- Various fall protection equipment- manufacturer requirements, proper inspection & maintenance.
- Fall arrest force & clearance calculations.
- Rescue Requirements
- Demonstrate and choose the proper equipment for various travel restraint and fall arrest scenarios
- Demonstrate how to perform a pre-use visual inspection of selected equipment for various travel restraint and fall arrest scenarios
- Student observes and demonstrates proper harness donning/ doffing performed by the Instructor which includes how to adjust the harness, what constitutes a properly adjusted harness, and the body landmarks used to assess proper adjustment, doffing techniques.
TOUCHBACK SAFETY IS NOW A DISTRIBUTER FOR SAFETY DIRECT FALL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT