Telehandler Operator Training
Length of Course : 4-6 hours
Certification Valid for 3 Years
Coming Soon: Blended Learning Training. Blended learning is ideal for the worker who has had previous training and experience with operating the equipment. NEW workers to the subject matter will benefit more from the Instructor Led courses.
Also known as Zoomboom the operator will :
- Learn the requirements of WH&S Regulation.
- Have completed both formal instruction and hands on training under the direction of a competent, experienced trainer.
- Exhibit an awareness of the purpose, function and basic concepts of Telehandler operation.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the types and purposes of different decals associated with Telehandlers.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of control functions for a specific Telehandler
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of Telehandler steering and maneuverability.
- Possess an ability to adequately judge the available visibility to ensure safe operation.
- Be able to quickly and accurately determine machine capacity and stability for various types of loads.
- Perform machine pre-use inspection.
- Identify the condition of the surfaces for safe operation.
- Demonstrate the ability to manipulate, stack and unstack the type of loads to be handled
- Identify hazardous locations on the work site.
- Be capable of safely operating on ramps and other sloped surfaces.
Train the Trainer is available for this program