Elevated Work Platform Training
Formally known as AWP, the EWP course covers all Boom Lifts, Scissor Lifts, and Personnel Lifts (0-330 feet).
Cost for OSSA / ESC $190 +tax (Both locations)
Cost for NON OSSA / ESC $150 +tax – (Acheson location only)
Full Day course
Fall Protection is a pre requisite
Certification is valid for 3 years
The theory portion covers :
- OH&S, CSA/ANSI and Manufacturer Requirements, Equipment Inspection and Maintenance, Hazard Assessments
- Safe Operating Procedures, Wind and Weather requirements, Electrical Safety,
- Types of EWP’s
- Pre Use and Pre Operation Inspections, Function Tests, Job Site inspections, Working Envelopes, Envelope Management Systems with High Reach Equipment
- Working Weights, Emergency controls, Operator set up and shut down procedures as well as Safe operating practices
There is a Hazard Identification Workshop and a Written Review at the end of the Theory portion.
The Practical Portion covers:
- Hazard Assessment, Pre-Operational inspection, Function Tests,
- Work Area and Path of Travel Inspection,
- Review of the Operators Manual
- Actual Operation of a Unit – the trainee must go through a complete series of functions until the Instructor is Confident in the Trainee’s ability to identify and operate all controls, including emergency controls.