Telehandler Operator Training
Length of Course : 4-6 hours
Certification Valid for 3 Years
Also known as Zoomboom the operator will :
- Learn the requirements of WH&S Regulation.
- Have completed both formal instruction and hands on training under the direction of a competent, experienced trainer.
- Exhibit an awareness of the purpose, function and basic concepts of Telehandler operation.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the types and purposes of different decals associated with Telehandlers.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of control functions for a specific Telehandler
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of Telehandler steering and maneuverability.
- Possess an ability to adequately judge the available visibility to ensure safe operation.
- Be able to quickly and accurately determine machine capacity and stability for various types of loads.
- Perform machine pre-use inspection.
- Identify the condition of the surfaces for safe operation.
- Demonstrate the ability to manipulate, stack and unstack the type of loads to be handled
- Identify hazardous locations on the work site.
- Be capable of safely operating on ramps and other sloped surfaces.