Confined Space Entry/Monitor
Length of Course – 6 hours
Certification is valid for 3 years
Course will cover :
- Alberta Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) legislation pertinent to CSE/CSM, reference to the OSSA Regional Code of Practice (RCOP) for Confined Space Entry.
- Confined Space/Restricted space definitions (including the classifications of Confined Space Entry Levels).
- Hazard Assessments, safety and protection, emergency call in protocols, emergency evacuation procedures, emergency response and required rescue equipment.
- Atmospheric testing, ventilation and purging, and inerting.
- Entry authorization requirements/limitations, job specific communication methods, training requirements, job specific procedures and work practices.
- Entry permit system, entry tag, signage for confined space entry, confined space monitoring, entry tracking and record retention.