Skid Steer Operator Training
Length of Course : 4-6 hours
Onsite Group classes only, call office to make arrangements
Certification Valid for 3 Years
- Responsibilities, Manufacturers Operating Manuals, Manufacturers Requirements, Federal, Provincial Regulations, Employer and Jobsite Policies and Procedures
- Types of Skid Steer Loaders
- Safety Before Operation – PPE, Know Your Equipment, Safety Devices, Pre-Operation Inspections, Pre-Use Inspection, Housekeeping, Checking the Work Area, Planning Your Work, Minimum Safe Approach Distances
- Starting and Testing – Fueling, Batteries, Watching out for Others, Mounting and Dismounting, Manufacturers Starting Procedures, Function Test.
- Safety During Operation – Make the Right Start, Safe Operating Practices,
- Travel Safely, Lifting and Lowering Safely, Working Safely,
- Safe Shutdown, Transporting, Maintenance.
Practical portion of the course will cover :
- Operators manual
- Pre-operational Inspection
- Function Test – Work Area Inspection
- Actual Operation of a Unit. -The trainee must go through a complete series of functions until the instructor is confident in the trainee’s ability to identify and operate all controls, including emergency controls.